WHERE DO YOU FIND INSPIRATION?
I am not sure if it is just me or it’s Nha Trang, the city I live now, but I noticed that creative crises here are much more frequent than ever before. Last time it hit me a couple of days ago and I just couldn’t do anything: I didn’t want to draw, shoot videos or anything like that. And a reasonable question arose: what do I do? So, I took (almost) 2 days off to recharge my batteries. We went to Yersin Mountain with my friend (more in my upcoming video and blog post) and I found the peace there. After that I came up with a list of tips to help me manage my distress:
- Having rest is important, it’s impossible to keep going with working for weeks, months, years without taking days off to reboot. That’s why I decided to take 1 day off every 4 days.
- Do what you love doing more often. For several days I didn’t do any sport and for over 2 weeks I didn’t ride a bike. I did both things in the last two days and I felt alive again. You always need to have a way out for your emotions: my way was riding a bike and doing sport, and for weeks I was just accumulating too many emotions inside myself without even realising it.
- Don’t be hard on yourself: if you can’t do something one day, you will do you it when you have the desire to. Sometimes you just need to go with the flow.
- Have long term goals and make a list of ways to get where you want. One or two days will not change the big picture – take a deep breath and relax.
- Find happiness in small things :) Buy yourself a new dress or go to a SPA – always helps!
And this is the result of my 2-days-reboot, a new illustration inspired by Gigi Hadid.